Pages

Friday 17 February 2012


Genome/Gene Therapy

Gene therapy is the use of DNA for experimental technique that treats or prevents diseases. I thought at first great treats diseases but then it showed that it was experimental, that got me scared. Imagine they have DNA and they try to prevent a disease but then it goes completely into the opposite direction because it is experimental. Maybe they were doing that on a real life person. What if they died because of that?

Maybe they are testing this on animals, maybe not but if they are do they give the animal a disease and then cure it? I think that is what they are actually doing. Although this might be good, this could be just as bad. When I think of experimental, I think that anything could happen, ANYTHING. This might interact with us and make a new disease. Imagine a new disease. Do we really need that? No we do not.                                       So tell me what you think about it.

1 comment:

  1. I think that they are just testing with DNA to make sure they can, and then use that to help figure out a cure for the poor animals diseases. But the fact that they might mess it up and create a new disease instead, it's a really big risk. However, the idea that diseases could be cured soon, is a little too good to pass. I really see your controversy now, thank you for blogging.

    ReplyDelete